Welcome and Acceptance of Terms
tjc.org is prepared and maintained by the International Assembly of the True Jesus Church (“TJC”). Tjc.org (also referred to as this “Website”) is designed to provide information to anyone interested or involved in supporting the mission and ministry of TJC, for the sole purpose of supporting the mission and ministry of TJC.
By using this Website, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions, which may be updated or modified by TJC at any time. If you do not agree to these terms, please do not use this Website.
Ownership and Copyright
All data, information and materials contained in the Website, including but not limited to, text, images, photographs, illustrations, graphic material, audio and video clips, digital downloads, data compilations, or other copyrightable elements, and the selection and arrangements thereof are the property of TJC, its affiliates, and its content suppliers, and are protected by U.S. and foreign copyright, trademark and other applicable laws. All software used on this Website is the property of TJC or its software suppliers and protected by U.S. and international copyright, trademark and other applicable laws. The content and information on the Website may only be used as provided for in these terms. Any other use, including the reproduction, modification, or creation of derivative works, distribution, transmission, republication, display, or performance, of the content on this Website is strictly prohibited.
Claims of Copyright Infringement
In the event that you believe your work has been copied and is accessible on this Website in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you agree to immediately notify us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org of any claimed copyright infringement. You further agree to provide us the following information as required by the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, U.S.C. § 512.
- Your physical or electronic signature or that of a person authorized to act on behalf of you, the purported owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed,
- Identification of the copyright or work claimed to have been infringed, or a multiple copyrighted work at the Website or covered by a single notification, or a representative list of such works at the Website,
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material,
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, the complaining party, or the person authorized to act on your behalf,
- A statement that you, the complaining party, have a good faith belief that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by you the copyright owner, your agent, or the law, and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of you, the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. We for notice of claims of copyright infringement on or relating to the Website can be reached by sending an email to email@example.com or by sending a letter to the address below.
Internet Ministry Director
International Assembly of the True Jesus Church
21217 Bloomfield Avenue
Lakewood, California 90715
United States of America
Trademarks and Service Marks
TJC, True Jesus Church and its logos are trademarks or service marks of TJC. You may not use TJC’s trademarks or service marks without the prior written consent of TJC. All other trademarks on the Website are the property of their respective owners.
Personal and Non-Commercial Use Limitation
TJC hereby grants you a non-exclusive, non-assignable, non-transferable, limited right to access, use and view the material contained in this Website for your own personal, non-commercial use. You may view, print and download portions of material from the different areas of this Website solely for your own personal, non-commercial use. You agree not to change, falsify or delete any copyright, trademark, attributions, legends, and other proprietary notices or designations contained in the original materials or on the downloaded materials. Modification of the Website materials or use of the Website materials for any other purpose is a violation of TJC’s copyright and/or other proprietary rights.
You agree that you will not disassemble, reformat, decompile, reverse engineer or otherwise modify any materials from this Website. Furthermore, you agree not to alter, copy, reproduce, post, transmit, distribute, publish, make available, rent, sell, license, create derivative works from, or publicly display, perform, or distribute or otherwise use any material, information, contents, software obtained from this Website for any public or commercial purpose without the prior written permission of TJC. Any use of the materials obtained from this Website on any other Websites or networked computer environment for any purpose is expressly prohibited. The materials obtained from this Website are copyrighted and any unauthorized use of these materials may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws. If you breach any of these terms, your privilege to use this Website automatically terminates, and you must immediately destroy all materials downloaded or printed from this Website.
The content on the Website is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as advice. The content is not intended to, and does not, constitute legal or professional advice, and may not be used for such purposes.
Any rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved for TJC.
User Account, Password, and Security
If any areas of the Website requires you to register to become a user or in order to create a user account, you agree to (1) provide true, accurate, complete, and current information (the “Registration Data”) and (2) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current, and complete. You acknowledge and agree that, if any information provided by you is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, TJC reserves the right to terminate your account and your use of the Website, as applicable. If you are under the age of 13, you are not permitted to register as a user or otherwise submit personal information to TJC. If you register as a user, you are affirming that you are at least 13 years old.
As part of the registration process, you will be asked to select a username and password for your account. TJC may refuse to grant you a username, password and/or domain name that impersonates someone else, is or may be illegal, is or may be protected by trademark or other proprietary rights law, is already in current use, is vulgar or otherwise offensive, may cause confusion, or for any other reason as determined by TJC in its sole discretion.
You are solely responsible for maintaining and ensuring the confidentiality of your username and password and for all activities, whether by you or anyone else, that occur under your account. TJC will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using your password or account, either with or without your knowledge.
You agree to notify us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately upon your knowledge of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security.
No Endorsements of Links
TJC may provide hypertext links to third party Websites on the Website. You understand that, except for information, materials, and Websites clearly identified as being prepared by TJC, TJC does not operate, control or endorse the content, messages, products or information found in any other Websites that are offered by third parties. TJC does not endorse, sponsor, recommend, or otherwise verify the accuracy, completeness, truthfulness or reliability of any information provided on these third party websites. Because TJC has no control over such websites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that TJC is not responsible for the availability of such external websites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such websites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that TJC shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such website or resource.
Feedback and Comments
Certain areas of the Website may enable you to ask questions, provide feedback or otherwise express your comments. Any material, information or other communication you transmit or post to this Website (“Communications”) will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary.
Code of Conduct
You agree to use this Website only to post, send and receive messages and materials that are proper and, when applicable, related to the viewing of the Website. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using the Website, you will NOT:
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any surveys, charity requests, petitions for signatures for any cause, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming or any duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise).
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, or other material that would violate any law.
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information.
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content that infringes or misappropriates any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary right of any party.
- Use any material or information, including images or photographs, which are made available through the Website in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary right of any party or otherwise violates these terms.
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content that contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer or property of another.
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any advertising, promotional materials or any other solicitation to other users of the Website or offer to sell or buy any goods or service.
- Falsify or delete any copyright management information, such as author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
- Restrict, disrupt or inhibit any other user from connecting to, using and enjoying the Website or any portion of the Website.
- Interfere with the proper working of the Website (including without limitation any interference by means of “hacking” or “cracking” or defacing any portion of the Website), impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Website’s infrastructure, compromise the security of the Website, render the Website inaccessible to others, or otherwise cause damage to the Website or any content contained on the Website.
- Disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Website or attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Website through any means.
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and mailing addresses.
- Use any robot, spider, Website search/retrieval application, or other manual or automatic device or process or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Website or any content to retrieve, index, “data mine,” harvest, collect or use information about users of the Website without their express consent.
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through Website or develop restricted or password-only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to from another accessible page) on the Website.
- Violate any applicable local, state, national or international laws or regulations.
- Create a false identity for any purpose including misleading others or make posts with the intent to harass, abuse, threaten, impersonate any other individual or entity, disseminate obscene, defamatory, indecent, harmful, libelous, unlawful and/or other objectionable material and/or information.
- Express or imply that any content or materials you make, submit or post are endorsed by TJC; impersonate or otherwise misrepresent any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a TJC official, forum leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Gain unauthorized access to the Website’s other users’ accounts or computers connected to the Website though password mining or other means.
- Use, download or otherwise copy, or provide (whether or not for a fee) to a person or entity any directory of users of the Website or other user or usage information or any portion thereof.
TJC has no obligation to screen or monitor your activities, accounts or any other materials that you or third parties transmit or post on or to the Website. However, you acknowledge and agree that TJC has the right to monitor, review, record, collect and use information or materials you transmit or post to the Website; to refuse to post or to alter or remove any such materials from the Website; and to disclose such materials and the circumstances surrounding their transmission for any lawful purpose in order to operate the Website properly; to protect TJC, its content and/or its licensors, and TJC’s users and visitors; and to comply with TJC’s policies, legal obligations or governmental requests. Please click Privacy Statement. to view TJC’s policies relating to the collection and use of your information. Your obligations under these terms are in no way conditioned on TJC’s complying with the terms of Privacy Statement.
Materials Provided to TJC or Posted at the Website
TJC does not claim ownership of the information or materials you provide to TJC (including feedback and suggestions) or post, upload, input or submit to the Website (each a “Submission” and collectively “Submissions”). However, by posting, uploading, inputting, providing or submitting (“Posting”) your Submission to the Website you are granting TJC and its affiliated organizations a royalty-free, non-exclusive, sublicensable, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide license to use your Submissions in connection with the operation of its Internet and Literary Ministry (including, without limitation, all TJC and its affiliates’ Websites), including, without limitation, the right to copy, reproduce, disclose, distribute, incorporate, create derivative works of, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, modified, translate and reformat your Submissions and any portion of your Submissions, including, without limitation, all data, images, sounds, text, ideas, and other information or materials embodied therein; to publish your name in connection with your Submission; and the right to sublicense such rights to any supplier of the Website.
No compensation will be paid to you with respect to the use of your Submission, as provided herein. TJC is under no obligation to post or use any Submission you may provide, and TJC may remove any Submission at any time in TJC’s sole discretion.
By Posting a Submission you warrant and represent that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to your Submission, including, without limitation, all the rights necessary for you to provide, post, upload, input or submit the Submissions, and that you have the right to grant the license set forth in this Section.
In addition to the warranty and representation set forth above, by Posting a Submission that contains sound (“Audio”) and/or images, photographs, pictures or that is otherwise graphical in whole or in part (“Images”), you warrant and represent that (1) you are the copyright owner of such Audio and Images, or that the copyright owner of such Audio and Images has granted you permission to use such Audio and Images or any content and/or Audio and Images contained in such Audio and Images consistent with the manner and purpose of your use and as otherwise permitted by these terms and the Website, (2) you have the rights necessary to grant the license set forth in this Section, and (3) that each person depicted in such Audio and Images, if any, has provided consent to your use of the Audio and Images in accordance with the terms, including, by way of example, and not as a limitation, the distribution, public display and reproduction of such Audio and Images. By Posting Audio and Images, you are granting to the general public (for each such Audio and Images available on the Website, permission to use your Audio and Images in connection with the use, as permitted by these terms, of any portion of the Website, and including, without limitation, a non-exclusive, world-wide, royalty-free license to: copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate and reformat your Audio and Images without having your name attached to such Audio and Images, and the right to sublicense such rights to any supplier of the Website. The licenses granted in the preceding sentences for Audio and Images will terminate at the time you completely remove such Audio and Images from the Website, provided that, such termination shall not affect any licenses granted in connection with such Audio and Images prior to the time you completely remove such Audio and Images. No compensation will be paid with respect to the use of your Audio and Images.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless TJC, its officers, directors, employees, affiliates, licensors, suppliers and any third party information providers to the Website from any and all third-party claims, liability, damages, expenses, and/or costs (including without limitation attorneys’ fees) arising from (1) your use of the Website, including, without limitation, any claim of libel, defamation, violation of rights of privacy or publicity, loss of service by other users and infringement of intellectual property or other rights, (2) any activity related to your account (including negligent or wrongful conduct) by you or any other person accessing the Website using your account, (3) your failure to comply with the terms, or (4) your violation of any applicable law, including your infringement or misappropriation of any third party’s rights.
General Disclaimers, Exclusion of Damages, and Limitation of Liability
TJC MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ABOUT THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WEBSITE’S SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, TIMELINESS, ACCURACY AND COMPLETENESS OF THE INFORMATION, MATERIALS, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, AND GRAPHICS. TJC PROVIDES THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL INFORMATION, MATERIALS, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, AND GRAPHICS, ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. TJC HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH REGARD TO THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ALL INFORMATION, MATERIALS, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, WEBSITE AND GRAPHICS, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OR WARRANTIES OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.
IT IS SOLELY YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO EVALUATE THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS AND USEFULNESS OF ALL OPINIONS, ADVICE, MERCHANDISE AND OTHER INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE WEBSITE. TJC DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE WEBSITE WILL BE CORRECTED. THE WEBSITE AND THE SERVICES IT CONTAINS WITHIN ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS, AS AVAILABLE” BASIS.
YOU ALSO UNDERSTAND THAT TJC CANNOT AND DOES NOT GUARANTEE OR WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE OR THE CONTENT OF THE WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, OR THAT ANY CONTENT, INFORMATION AND OTHER MATERIALS ACCESSIBLE THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL BE FREE OF INFECTION OR VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR CODE THAT MANIFESTS CONTAMINATING OR DESTRUCTIVE PROPERTIES TO COMPUTER SOFTWARE AND HARDWARE. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK, THAT ANY MATERIAL AND/OR DATA DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF SUCH MATERIAL AND/OR DATA. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR IMPLEMENTING SUFFICIENT PROCEDURES AND CHECKPOINTS TO SATISFY YOUR PARTICULAR REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCURACY OF DATA INPUT AND OUTPUT, AND FOR MAINTAINING A MEANS EXTERNAL TO THE WEBSITE FOR THE RECONSTRUCTION OF ANY LOST DATA. THE INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS INCLUDED IN OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE WEBSITE MAY INCLUDE INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. CHANGES ARE PERIODICALLY ADDED TO THE INFORMATION HEREIN. TJC MAY MAKE IMPROVEMENTS AND/OR CHANGES TO THE MATERIALS AT THE WEBSITE AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU.
Some jurisdictions do not permit the exclusion or limitation of implied warranties or the exclusion of certain types of damages. Therefore, if and only if required by applicable law, some of the foregoing exclusions may not apply to you. In these jurisdictions, you agree that TJC’s liability is limited and warranties are excluded to the greatest extent permitted by applicable law.
TJC may investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who violates any of the provisions of these terms, including without limitation, barring violators from use of the Website and pursuing civil, criminal and/or injunctive redress. You agree that in a civil action, TJC may obtain full recovery of all damages TJC may suffer and may also obtain punitive and consequential damages.
This Website is administered by TJC from its offices in Lakewood, California, USA. TJC makes no representation that materials in this Website are appropriate or available for use outside the United States, and access to them from territories where the contents are illegal is prohibited. Further, use of the Website is unauthorized in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to all provisions of these terms and conditions, including without limitation this paragraph. You may not use or export or re-export the materials in this Website or any copy or adaptation in violation of any applicable laws or regulations, including, without limitation, U.S. export laws and regulations. If you choose to access this Website from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. These terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws. You hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of courts in California in all disputes arising out of or relating to the use of the Website.
These terms constitute the entire agreement between you and TJC with respect to the Website, and these terms replaces all prior or contemporaneous understandings or agreements, written or oral, regarding the use of the Website. If any provision of these terms is found invalid or unenforceable, that provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent possible, and the other provisions of the terms shall remain in full force and effect. The failure by TJC to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of the terms will not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right of TJC.
These terms shall remain effective until terminated in accordance with its own terms. You agree that TJC, in its sole discretion, may terminate your password, account (or any part thereof), or use of the Website, and remove and discard any content within the Website, at any time and for any reason. You agree that any actions taken under this Section may be effective without prior notice to you.